Recent News:Andres Aquino Astonish Couture Fashion Week with "Secret Garden" Collection& Global Fashion Award !
SMI FASHION / September 11-13, 2015
I'NEW YORK FASHION WEEK(09.11-09.13.15)Andres Aquino, Producer & Designer of the Bi-Annual 'Couture Fashion Week New York" described his latest collection entitled "Secret Garden", as a theatrical place somewhere between reality & fantasy where imagination rules.To this end he gathered an array of global performers, talented stylist & beautiful models to create a unique world for an unforgettable weekend shows during New York Fashion Week 2016.The Show was held at the Crown Plaza Times Square Manhattan & follow by a gala event.FortyTwo models adorned classic Hollywood glamour mae-up and hairstyles walked the runway presenting a delightful collections of evenings & cocktails looks.The designs featured a fresh spring color palette embroideries , embellishments, trimmings and stones. Overall is a very femenine and wearable couture collection.
In addition to the beautiful fashions, the packed house was dazzled with unforgettable musical entertainment. Performers included:
- World-famous Italian tenor Luciano Lamonarca who has performed for distinguished audiences ranging from the President of Italy and the European Union dignitaries, to United Nations representatives.
- London-based singer and accomplished theater and film actress Kaja Pecnik, a native of Slovenia.
- Italian opera singer, writer, and award winning performer Elisabetta Russo, whose stellar accomplishments include opening for Andrea Bucelli.
- Innovative jazz and contemporary saxophonist Karla Sax from Vancouver, Canada.
- Popular Indonesian singing sensation Vicky Shu, who boasts more than 1.3 million Facebook followers.
- Winner of Europe’s “New Voice” contest Salome Katamadze from the Republic of Georgia.
- Accomplished Paraguayan harp player Arami Malaise.
- Internationally acclaimed Israeli singer ESTEREdiva.
- Award-winning singer and songwriter Tomaczek Bednarek.
- Rising French pop singer Stella Matteoni.
- Teen idol and Champions Against Bullying advocate singer Meredith O’Connor
The Global Fashion Avenue Awards were presented at the conclusion of the fashion show. The MC was Jennifer Eckhart, FOX Business producer and correspondent. Emmy-winning TV and radio host and best-selling author Rita Cosby presented the “Top Model of Spring 2016” award to Farah Zulaikha who was the winner selected from among 16 stunning contestants. Mark Jaffe, President of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce, presented the “Best Designer of Spring 2016” award to Indonesian designer Diana Putri and her brand Diana Couture.